Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Venus goes retrograde in Gemini

Nothing goes as expected...or has a real fucked up way of happening...

Saw Gus Van Sant's Restless on the plane going to Istanbul...saw it again on the way back (the movie choices were just that lame)...liked it better the second time around, just like this retrograde dictates to do...Yes, I'm a victim of my own circumstances (vocation)...Couldn't find a streaming version, so the trailer is all you get.

It's been ages since I vaguely liked a Gus Van Sant movie, so this was exciting in its own way. To Die For and Drugstore Cowboy are my favorites -- I loved Drugstore Cowboy so much I wore my VHS and soundtrack of it down to static. I even wrote to the author of the book the movie was based on, who was in prison at the time...back in the days when I really wanted a pen pal in prison...which I never got, not even the teen boy on death row I fell in love with when I was 13, after reading his story in a Sunday paper magazine (he killed a man trying to protect his sister), in which I also recruited my friend Angela into love with, but between the two of us, we couldn't save him...Ah, unrequited adolescence loves... Anyway, for your entertainment...


Full stream of Drugstore Cowboy