Saturday, January 30, 2010

Full moon in Leo

Celebrate your greatness.


When I was five, the only thing I knew about when I would grow up is that I didn't want to wake up early. I hate waking up early. To me, it's the worst thing ever, too shocking for my body and just not natural. I like waking up whenever my body wants and that usually means later in the day. To wake up early, I'd need an alarm clock and the sounds I associate with that are painful. Plus, it should be my freedom to start my day whenever it feels right for me.

I was in afternoon kindergarten and to me, that seem like a perfect time to start the day. When I got to first grade, that first morning, the sheer agony, and all I could do was lay there and try to squeeze one more second of sleep, pulling the covers over my head, wanting to cry and realizing this was going to be my life for the next 12 years...Misery.

I never forgot that morning and I thought about it on my last day of the 12th grade, after my final exam, where for some reason I was walking on the track, feeling a certain liberation, swearing from that day forward I'd never have to wake up at that ungodly hour continually again, doing whatever it takes to maintain my right to my time, my freedom.

In college, I took mostly afternoon classes, once needing to set an alarm for a 2pm class and then towards the end, had one semester with my earliest class at 5:30 pm. After that, it was a series of mostly nocturnal jobs, anything to keep me out of an imposing schedule and to this day I have kept that promise, making it the first and only decision I ever had to make, as after that things were more obvious to pick to maintain the lifestyle and particular mindset I wanted to have and today, today I confirmed to myself that it was indeed the best and only decision I ever needed to make. My life. My time! Non-negotiable! Yeaaah!