Friday, October 8, 2010

Venus goes retrograde in Scorpio

When your instincts are telling you to run, but all you want do is stay.

Venus retrograde in Scorpio has been scaring me for some time now. Since I knew it was coming and know what its all about (emotional deja-vu, exes returning, feelings change, anything that gives you pleasure can go wrong), I of course hyped myself more than I needed to and caused more of a meltdown than necessary.

I thought all sorts of crazy scenarios; going down too many romantic memory lanes that I'd have thought by now should of been such a bust that I'd know it would be a complete waste of time to even wonder, "What if?" ... Of course, shortly I started to feel misguided...as in second-guessing myself...but duh, I was just working myself up more than I had to, because when the day actually came, I felt nothing, but relief! I don't know what exactly I was expecting, but I was fearing some sort of emotional apocalypse...

Thankfully, because I did my purging early on, and so much of it, as soon as the day hit, I felt something I didn't expect: liberated and hopeful! Seems that dragging myself all over my sordid past made me so over it that I ironically was excited about the future, as in being surprised by romance again! Yes, a total shock, as this retrograde brought me back to that place devoid of the bitterness I picked up through the years and where I could see and feel a giddiness once again.

Yes, in short, this was a small miracle and taught me an important lesson: retrogrades aren't necessarily meant to be punishments, but renaissances! So, to make this Venus in retrograde period that lasts until November 18, 2010 worth your while, consider the following areas in your life and what you use to feel about it and where you are now, then work on bridging that gap back to when idealism still ruled...

Aries (March 21-April 19)- Sex

Taurus (April 20- May 20)- Commitments

Gemini (May 21- June 20- Traditions 

Cancer (June 21-July 22)-
Romance 


Leo (July 23- August 22)- Family 

Virgo (August 23- September 22)-
Learning 


Libra (September 23- October 22)-
Love

Scorpio (October 23-November 21)-
Personal fulfillment

Sagittarius (November 22- December 21)-
Soulmates

Capricorn (December 22-January 19)
Friendships

Aquarius (January 20-February 1
9) Power 

Pisces (February
20-March 20) Truth